Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 12 - Guinea Pig Report

Andlie, Hazey, and Daisey watched cartoons this morning in their jammies before Mand & Tim got here.  Their three tiny bums were too cute all squished on the couch.  They left me no choice but to take a picture.

Andlie gave her oral report in school today!  She chose to do a report on guinea pigs!  She had a lot of fun and took it very seriously.  She was excited to present to the class today!

She wrote her report all by herself.  First we checked out some guinea pig books from the library (at her her request).  Then she read the guinea pig books - all by herself.  Next I told her to make a list of the things she wanted to write about - just one word at a time.  And then she turned the list in to sentences!  She sounded things out and added punctuation all by herself!  I helped her with her poster, but she did a lot of the work and chose where everything went on the poster.  And she wrote the facts.  I'm so proud of how everything turned out!



While Andlie was busy presenting at school, Nora discovered a new chair that I (obviously) left out for her enjoyment!  She kept climbing in and out and collecting more things to put in with her.  The one sock on her right foot is Liam's.  She found it on the floor, brought it to me, said, "Mom!" and reached up for me to put it on her.  So I did.  She was having a great time being in charge of the chair and all of her belongings.

After Daisey got back from the Payson temple and we played for a while, it was time for her to go home.  We were sure sad to see her leave.  We can't wait until we see her (and Mand, Tim, Liam) again!

No comments:

Post a Comment