Today was Andlie's first day going to school at 8:00. We started her out at 9:15, but she came home a couple times saying that she was sad that her start group only had 2 girls - including her. After talking to her teacher, we decided that 8:00 was an option for her, but we wanted to make sure that she had most of the say in making the decision. (Because she's usually right when she makes decisions for herself.)
We told her last Friday to take the weekend to think about what she wanted to do. Sunday night, she was pretty sure she wanted to switch to 8:00, but not totally sure. She asked if we could say a prayer to help her decide. Of course! Her prayer went something like this: "Bless that I will know what time I should start school. Bless that I will have fun the whole year at school. Bless that I will know quickly." Short and simple and sweet. The sweetest. By Monday morning, the decision had been made and we switched her at the office yesterday after school.
She was so excited for Daddy to get to take her now that she's going at 8:00! Plus she looked adorable. But that's nothing new.

Nora woke up with some sweet bed head this morning! And an even sweeter smile.

Hazey wore his new super hero shoes to preschool today! And he didn't even cry again!

And, if Hazey gets his picture taken, Nora will need hers. She scootches right up to the wall & says, "Pick-cha." And then waits. So I take. Happily. And Haze is right by her side saying, "Nora, can you make a crazy face?" And then he giggles.

Tonight at Andlie's soccer game, Haze & Nora played & ran & giggled together the entire time. They kept running back & forth to & from the tree and when they'd arrive, Nora would say, "Rwunn-nig!"

Andlie played so well in her game! It's fun to see the improvement over the years. This year, they girls are learning to play more as a team and with more strategy. Andlie is really good a defense. And she scored 3 goals! It's fun to watch her play and be good at something she really likes.

Tonight when I was tidying up, I had to snap a picture of the toys that are always out in our house. All the time. Every day.
I took pictures because I know that our house won't always be cluttered with cute toys that make happy kids. Time keeps passing more & more quickly. I want to remember a noisy house full of happiness and toys. I want to remember that Andlie always has looms out. I want to remember at least 5-8 looms bracelets floating around on the tables & in our drawers. I want to remember the few spare bands that escaped in every room hiding in the carpet. I want to remember how much Hazey loves his cars. I want to remember his little voice talking about which cars are racing and which ones win. I want to remember the noise of him pulling the launcher back. I want to remember monster trucks lined up across the entire kitchen. I want to remember Nora trying to carry all of her dolls at once. I want to remember her lining them up in the front room floor so they can "seep." I want to remember her sweet voice saying, "bay-bee" over & over & over again. I want to remember it all. Because it's pretty wonderful to have a house full of toys and tiny voices.

No comments:
Post a Comment