Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 25 - 1st Day of Preschool

Today was Hazey's first day of preschool!  You know what that means - picture time! 
Please note the shoes on the wrong feet.

Nora wanted in on every single picture with him.  Every time I'd tell him to do something, she would copy.  Also, Nora is a little girly girl.  If she remembers when she wakes up, she'll remind me that she wants to wear a dress by saying, "Dess!  Dess!  Dess!"

I wanted a picture of Haze's backpack.  What I got looks more like they have been pulled out of a car to be searched by the police.  They are giggling pretty hard in this pic.


More giggles.



Nora held her "Party Time" sign for exactly one picture.  Then she started throwing it in the air and laughing every time I would give it to her.



He took an "All About Me" bag to school on the first day.  It had: 2 transformers, 2 Hot Wheels cars, and 2 monster trucks.  All his choice.  And perfectly describes him.

And he's off!  He didn't even cry at all!  He asked me to walk him all the way in which I happily did.  And then he saw the blocks.  And he left.  I said, "K, be back in a couple hours.  I love you!"  And he smiled back at me and said, "Love you."  And just like that, he wasn't my baby Hazey any more.  I'm excited for this new chapter of his life!  I can't wait to see what he brings home each day.

After Hazey left for school, it was just me & Nora!  So we went to the pet store.  And she LOVED it.  She was squealing and smiling and standing on her tippy toes to see animals.  Loved it.

And then we went to lunch with Daddy and she couldn't wait to tell him all about it.  As soon as she saw him, she had a conversation with him that went like this:
Nora: "Em-ohs!"
Daddy: "Did you see some animals?"
N: "Ya!  Dog."
D: "Did you see a doggie?"
N: "Ya!  Kitty."
D: "Did you see a kitty?"
N: "Ya!  Bor-dee."
D: "Did you see a birdie?"
N: "Ya!  Toe-tul."
D: "Did you see a turtle?"
N: "Ya!  Splash!"
D: "Did the turtle splash?"
N: "Ya!  Fee-she."
D: "Did you see fishies?"
N: "Ya!  Gan."
D: "You wanna go see the animals again?"
N: "Ya!  Ya!  Ya!"

Little stink is pretty darn smart.

Then it was time to pick Hazey up!  He came outside & said, "Mom!!!  I didn't even cry at school!!"  He had a great day and said that the "LOVED his teacher and the blocks."  Success.

Tonight, he had a soccer game.  It was kind of rough.  Poor boy was pretty sad about not getting to kick the ball as much as he'd like.  And he got kicked in the finger.  And he was crying out on the field and said to us, "I don't want anyone to talk to me!!!  I will just come and cry if someone talks to me!!!"  We finally figured out that he thought he was a total failure if he didn't get a "gold" (goal).  We talked to him tonight and explained that he did so good and kicking the ball is just as awesome as getting a goal.  Hopefully there will be much less tears next game.  

He had four big kicks tonight and looked so good when he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment