Thursday, August 20, 2015

August 19 - 1st Day of 1st

Today was Andlie's first day of first grade!  First.  Grade.  What in the world!?
She was up & wondering if she should get ready around 7:40.  After she got ready, we got the other kids up so we could go to breakfast.  (Our beginning of school tradition.)

Of course/obviously picture time was next.  On her way out the front door to take them, she found this note from Mommy & Daddy.

Picture time!




Then we headed to McDonald's for breakfast!  She chose it because they have the "big crispy fries" (AKA hash browns).  Hazey & Andlie opted to sit in the big chairs and giggle and visit.

Nora was there too.  Right before this pic, she handed me her bink.  And right after I put the camera down, she put her hand out & demanded it back.

Me & Andlie made sure to wear our matching looms bracelets that she made.  She said, "Now we can remember each other all day!"

After breakfast, we headed to school where it was a par-tay!  Music, clapping, balloons, teacher tunnel, clapping toys!


Hazey told Andlie, "Have a fun day at school, Andlie.  Do you know why I said that?  Because we're best friends."

Andlie was so excited to go.  Not anxious at all.  It was fun to watch her mingle with old friends.  (Also, she's tall!)

And just like that, she was off to 1st grade and she took her childhood with her.  Fine, that's kinda dramatic, but I can't believe she's in first grade!  I can't wait until 3:30!  

Love you, Bug!  Have a happy year at school!

After school drop off, we came back home and got popsicles and played outside with the Millers.  Actually, the kids played and me & Katie had a good cry.  No matter what we were talking about - cry.

And since she's one of the best friends, she brought home cookies & a "Triple D" (dirty/coconut Diet Dr. Pepper) after she went to lunch.  She's a good one.

During nap time, Haze found a good use for Daddy's tennis racket box: a place to use his tools!
 

We had a fun day at home today!  We definitely all missed Andlie so much!  We were happy to have her home!

Her after school report: "I thought it was gonna be like an hour longer than Kindergarten, but it was WAAAAAAY longer.  I couldn't open my milk at lunch so my friend helped me.  I don't remember her name.  I LOVED school lunch!  I ate a pepperoni pizza and some grapes and some white milk!  I got vegetables, but I didn't eat them.  Miss Carter was so nice and even kinda funny!  There's hangers hanging from the ceiling and we get to put our best work up there.  And we have to be good every day because if we get orange, we have to call our Mom & Dad and tell them we're being naughty and MISS RECESS!  And I had 2 recesses!"

No comments:

Post a Comment