Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 2 - Christmas Decor Goes Up

Icabod Update:

Haze just looked so cute this morning.  I had to take a picture.  That smile.  Those eyes.  Cute boy.

And Nora.  She asks for a dress every day.  For real.  Today she requested the "Punzel dress."  It must go on first thing.  Change diaper, put on clothes, put on dress.  THEN we can have breakfast and do her hair later.

Andlie made a checklist of things she had to do today.  It's the only way to get things done.  Bravo, Andlie.  And, if I do say so myself, this is a prety great list for a 6 year old to have.
Exercise
Drink
Run
Help set up the Christmas stuff
Play with play dough

While the kids were at school, Nora asked me, "Momma.  Do hay-er."  So I sat down in the middle of the floor while she brushed and did my hair.  Every once in a while, she'd peer her little head around the corner of my shoulder & ask, "Feel good?"  Then I asked if she wanted me to do her hair.  "Yes."  So I did.  She LOVES getting her back tickled or hair played with.  It practically puts her in a trance.  So I did her hair and then asked if she'd do mine again.  She took the brush, did one pity stroke through my hair, gave it back to me, and said, "Do No-ah's hair."  So I did.  And we repeated this process about ten times.

Christmas Calendar Day 2: Put Christmas decorations up - inside and out.  Check!

Tonight, we FINALLY got our Christmas decorations up!


And our tree!  It's the same tree we got in December 2006 at Wal-Mart in Cedar City.  Then we had to smoosh it in our car & drive it back home to Vegas.  It's the same tree we've had our entire married lives.  Most of the pre-lit lights don't work any more.  It's looking pretty ragged.  BUT, it's ours.  We almost bought a new one, but I couldn't find one I love.  Good thing.  Because once we got ours lit up and fluffed decorated, I fell in love with it again.  I love our tree.  It's bright and happy and perfect.











No comments:

Post a Comment