Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 15 - Haze's Christmas Program

Icabod Update:

Nora & Hazey wanted to go outside & "dig the snow" (shovel it) this morning.  Nora always has to wear a dress.  Always.

Hazey found a giant ice sculpture!  He told me I could "keep it on my shelf" if I wanted.

I went inside for a minute & came back outside to see them sitting down in the ice just having a little visit.  And when I asked for a picture, Nora had to make sure her legs were just exactly like Haze's.

Christmas Calendar Day 15: Haze's Christmas program at school!  We came inside to get ready for Haze's school Christmas program after playing in the snow!  He told me he was a giant star in these pics.


Haze did SO GOOD at his program!  He had a small part in the play: "Every year we bake Christmas cookies."  Daddy even took an hour off work to come & watch which he was THRILLED about!  He was so smiley & proud the entire time and it was so fun to watch him!

Here's what else they did:
Santa Poem
Santa Poem
Candy Cane Poem
"I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" Song & Dance
"Reindeer Hokey Pokey" Song & Dance
"Biggest Christmas Tree" Short Play
"We Wish You a Merry Christmas" Song








Haze has been showing interest in learning more - especially reading.  So tonight, we practiced writing his name, doing simple math, reciting his phone number & address, and doing patterns.  Then we practiced reading some short words.  And to my surprise, he pretty much sounded them out all by himself!  So I wrote some more words and he read those too!  Yay, Hazey!

Tonight we tended Roman & Isaac while their Mom & Dad went out.  Nora & Roman got some work done while they had the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment