Thursday, December 17, 2015

December 16 - Festival of Lights

Icabod Update:

Christmas Calendar Day 16: Help with Andlie's class Christmas party.  Check!

I was in charge of the game for the party so I came up with "Sink or Float" and gathered 10 Christmas items from around the house.  Then I made a worksheet where the kids had to guess if the item would sink or float.  It was the hit of the party!  The kids LOVED it!  Miss Carter even asked me if I found the worksheet/game or made it myself.  Success!   (I was having too much fun with the kids to take any pictures.)

Haze brought home the CUTEST ornament from preschool today.  I'm so excited to add it to our ornament collection!

Christmas Calendar Day 16: Also called for a trip to the Festival of Lights!  It's our 4th year going and we love it every time!  This year was no different!

There were a few minutes tonight when we were all squished in the front seat of the car (Haze on Daddy's lap, Nora on Mommy's, and Andlie sitting in between) and Christmas music was quietly playing in our car while we watched the snow fall softly to the ground and drove slowly through the light display happily pointing out our favorites that made me want to freeze time forever.  It was pure magic.  There's not really another way to describe it.  I sure love our little family.  I feel so blessed to call them mine.

Andlie is the sweetest thing.  She made me, Dad, and Hazey pictures and hid them under our pillows for us to find tonight.  First Haze found his Spiderman (bottom right) and was THRILLED.  He said, "Thank you, Andlie!!"  Then me & Bryan found ours at bedtime.  Bryan's Spiderman is a happy dude (that smile).  His note said, "I wold melt for my Dad becas he plays with me eney ware."  AKA: "I would melt for my Dad because he plays with me anywhere."  And mine said, "I wold melt for my Mom becaus she makes food for my."  AKA: "I would melt for my Mom because she makes food for me."  She is the most patient, sweet, tender-hearted, genuine soul.  We don't deserve her.  But we sure feel blessed to have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment