Saturday, February 7, 2015

February 6 - Somewhere Over the Rainbow





I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  Sometimes life just gets chaotic and crazy and it's hard to remember to slow down and take time to be thankful and happy!  Today, I had just sent Haze outside to play with his squirt gun.  Then I set Nora down so I could clean up a bit.  We had music on and "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole came on.  And I stopped.  I stopped & watched Nora look outside with wonder in her eyes and then wave to Haze.  I stopped & watched Hazey get a thrill out of squirting water on to the dirt.  I just watched.  And I was reminded of how truly beautiful and blessed my life is. 

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly
Birds fly, over the rainbow
Oh why, oh why can't I?

Well, I see
Trees of green and red roses too,
I'll watch them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Well I see,
Skies of blue and clouds of white,
And the brightness of day, I like the dark
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people passing by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I... I love you.

I hear babies cry and I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than we'll know
And I think to myself
What a wonderful world.

Oh someday I'll wish upon a star
Wake up where the clouds are far behind me
Where trouble melts like lemon drops
High above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me

Oh somewhere over the rainbow
way up high
and the dreams that you dare to
Why, oh why can't I, I?

No comments:

Post a Comment