Wednesday, February 18, 2015

February 17 - Hives Again

 Poor Haze.  He just can't catch a break.  He started getting swollen, red eyes again this morning.  This was the first symptom last time he broke out in hives (about a month ago).  Gave him some Benadryl & made a doctor's appointment.  By the time we got there, the swelling was gone and the doctor told me he had a virus, to give him Benadryl as needed, and get in to see an Allergist.  So that's what we'll do.  Thankfully, the swelling didn't progress.

Nora Jane.  That girl is just happy.  I hope that trait stays with her always.  Today while I was stressing about Hazey, I heard her saying, "Hi....Hi.....Hi....."  When I found her, she had managed to get the bath time finger puppet on her hands and she was waving at herself while she was saying, "Hi."  Cute little stink.

So, we desperately needed to get out of the house.  We all put warm coats on and out we went.  When we got back, Hazey had a rash on his cheeks and nose and he was starting to get hives on his hands and legs where the wind had been blowing on him.  His hands were also starting to swell.  I gave him Benadryl & a warm bath and everything disappeared.  We're starting to wonder if maybe he's allergic to the cold like his great uncle, Weston and his second cousin, Kacie.


No comments:

Post a Comment