Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February 3 - Funny Story

So there I was.  Outside taking pictures of our cute kids (especially Nora's new shirt).  Turned around to go back inside and...the door was locked.  I was outside with all 3 kids.  Andlie was shoe-less.  I had no phone & no keys.  And school was starting in 10 minutes.  Cue the nervous tears from Andlie and the, "Are we gonna be late?" questions.

Sooooo, I went to the neighbor's house with all three in tow & said, "Hiiiiiiii.  Um, I need your credit card.  So I can break in to our own house."  Good thing she's a fun neighbor.  She came over with us so she could hold Nora while I busted in to our house using her credit card.  And we got back in!  Praises!

It was a pretty eventful morning, but we got some cute pictures!



Tonight, we had Andlie's Parent/Teacher Conference.  As suspected, we got a GLOWING report.  Andlie is supposed to test at a 2 on the reading/comprehension testing.  She scored well above a 4 (which is where Kindergarteners are supposed to test at the end of the year).  She is doing fantastic in math.  She is a wizz at writing.  She knows to put spaces and her penmanship is superb.  She is "always smiling and happy."  She knows when to smile & have fun and when to get to work.  Her teacher loves her.  And I can totally see why.

Here is a writing sample her teacher gave us.  It reads, "Can I have a cougar, Mom?  Please?  I would walk it every day.  I would ride on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment