Monday, February 23, 2015

February 22 - Getting Better

Nora had a much better night last night.  She went to bed at 8:30 and then was up at 9:15, which made us nervous that we were in for a long night again.  But, Bryan had the idea to keep her in her room.  Because when we got her out of her bed, she took control of our entire house & lives and made us stay up for forever.  So....Bryan soothed her in her room.  

After about 20 minutes, I got the idea to play baby lullabies on the iPad for her.  I slunk in her room and passed the iPad to Bryan.  And by slunk I mean crawled on the floor and scootched the iPad along the way and then crawled back out so Nora wouldn't see me.  And then I left to go get food for us.  I put on mismatched shoes (because I didn't want to turn any lights on) and used Bryan's dirty hoodie (because I didn't want to go to the coat closet near her room) and went out the back door.  We weren't screwing around tonight.  We were determined to get some sleep.

When I came back, Nora was quietly sleeping in her bed (with the iPad).  Three cheers!  She only woke up one more time at 11:45 which is when I gave her some medicine, sucked her nose (which she LOATHES) and gave her a drink.  And then she slept until 8:45 in the morning!  Praises!!

It was totally worth it because she was much, much happier today.  Still pretty sick with a nasty cold (runny nose, cough, sore throat), but no barky, croupy cough or wheezing, so we'll take it!  

We ditched church today to get some rest.  And because all 3 kids have a pretty decent cold.  We spent the day playing and just relaxing.  Haze played cash register with me for a long time.  He kept buying his Hotwheels cars.  And Andlie & Daddy spent most of the afternoon playing Uno.  It was a nice Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment