Friday, October 9, 2015

October 8 - The Little Things

This morning we heard the garbabe truck & Haze went flying out the door to make sure he could see him dump a few cans.  When the garbage man saw us, he rolled his window down & asked Haze, "Do you want a coloring book, Buddy?"  To which Haze replied (with a big ol' grin), "Yeah!!"  And then the garbage man said, "Do this with your arm, Bud," while pumping his arm up & down to signal the horn.  So Haze did just that & got a honk from the garbage truck!  And then a few more waves!  He was in heaven!  What a nice garbage man!

When we went to drop Haze off at school, I let Nora sit on the seat by him.  (Preschool is less than a mile away.)  They both thought it was the neatest thing in the world.  They are cute little happy friends.


After Haze went to school, me & Nora came back home and played.  I didn't clean or run errands or bustle around.  I just played.  Me & Nora sang "Child of God," I watched her play with her babies, we visited each other, we put necklaces on.  But mostly I just watched her be.  I watched her little hands grip the bars on the trampoline.  I watched her hair bounce wildly up & down as she jumped.  I watched her eyes figure out how to get the baby through the doll house door.  I listened to her say, "Pay-rent ky an deer" ("parents kind and dear") over and over.  I listened to her get frustrated and giggle and even breathe.  I just soaked it all in.  I wish she was this little forever and ever.  I love my babies so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment