Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 11 - Crafting

Nora had fun at Nursery today.....as long as she could see me.  That's okay.  My babies grow up so fast.  I don't mind staying with them if it makes them happy.  I think her favorite part is singing time.  She knows just what to do: wait for a carpet, sit on carpet, and follow along.  Sometimes at home, she'll find a towel or blankie, sit on it, and say, "Sing.  Song."  She is even starting to sing the songs!  In fact, she can fill in the blank quite well when we sing "Child of God" at home!

While Nora (and Daddy) were napping this afternoon, we did a Halloween finger painting craft!  (Haze is naked on top because...well...paint.  It's the only responsible thing to do.  And since he had paint on his ear and in his hair when we were done....I'd say I made the right call.)


Andlie's finished work is on the left.  Haze's on the right.  I think they turned out pretty cute!  At one point, Haze said, "Mom, I'm gonna draw a monster truck in the sky!"  Andlie promptly cut that idea down.  She is just like her Mother.

After craft time, we headed to the last (of the year) Ward Walk & Talk!  After asking if Dad could "lay the stroller down," Haze made himself quite cozy in the very, very back of the double stroller.

Andlie worked on her "Ninja Book" quite a bit today.  She added some more when we came home from the Walk & Talk.

The Ninja Book 
Illustrated by Andlie Allen
Written by Andlie Allen

Ninjas are good at finding and hiding, but they can't get seen.  They have swords and nunchucks.  They have protectors to protect them.  I am going to be a ninja for Halloween.  I don't like bad ninjas.  I like good ninjas.  I like ninjas.  They fight for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment