Cute Andlie sure loves the new jewelry making kit that she got yesterday. She made some pretty sweet pieces this morning during Conference.

In between Conference sessions, we had our traditional turkey dinner. My Mom used to do this when we were little and I loved it. It's fun to carry on traditions in my own family.

Then we headed downstairs for the last session of Conference. Andlie wasn't humored by the selfie that I took and the bunny ears that Daddy made. She better get used to it. We're full of hilarious parent tricks.

After it was over, me, Andlie & Hazey went on a bike ride. Haze refused to go unless he could bring his transformers that he got yesterday. So, we zipped Bumblebee and Salvage up in a Ziplock, tape it to his bike, and we were off!

Andlie is also LOVING her new jacket from yesterday. She thinks she looks so stylish in it and has been wearing it pretty much all day. I'll have to say - she does look pretty darn cute. It's very "Andlie."

After our bike ride, we got the Halloween box out! Haze saw the picture props come out and immediately went to work.

So did I.

Now for the sad part of the day. After getting a lot of shampoo (or "shampoop" as Nora calls it) in her eyes and doing a lot of eye rubbing, Andlie's poor eyes started swelling up. We gave her some Benadryl and some Motrin and some eye drops, but nothing was helping. Then we noticed that it wasn't just her eyelids that were swelling - the actual whites of her eyes started swelling and turning yellow. It looked like blisters on her eyeball. I finally took her to InstaCare around 8:30 after a quick family prayer. While we were waiting to be called back, her eyes just kept getting more & more swollen & watery. It was freaking me out.
The doctor asked if they hurt or if they were itchy. No. Could she still see just fine? Yes. (I had already tested her vision in the waiting room by making her read things or covering her eye & asking how many fingers I was holding up.) He checked her eyes with a light and then had her follow his moving finger with just her eyes. Both eyes responded well. He diagnosed her with Allergic Conjuctivitis or Allergic Pink Eye. He prescribed some drops that he called "liquid Motrin for the eyeball." I asked if it was common to see so much yellowing and swelling with Pink Eye and he said yes. I asked if I should be looking for anything & he said, "Vision changes, fever, discharge, or if she gets any cuter. Because I don't think she could. So definitely see a doctor if she gets any cuter." I agree with him.
We left & went to the 24 hour Walgreen's in Provo and got her eye drops and then headed home. Daddy said that Haze had been pretty anxious and was wondering when Andlie would be back and how her eye was doing. (Before we left, he patted her on the knee & said, "I'm so sorry, Andlie.") I'm so thankful for siblings who love & care about each other so much.
After putting the drops in her eyes & visiting for a minute, we put Andlie to bed. By this time, the swelling had already started to go down. So thankful for medicine & good doctors & prayer.


No comments:
Post a Comment