Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 10 - Ninja & Zombie

Today Andlie wanted her hair like a ninja.  As everyone knows, a ninja hairdo is a ponytail in the back with a braid.  I told her that her hair might not be long enough.  She said, "Mom.  Just do like 3 braid loops.  Or as many as you can."  Turns out we can squeeze 7 "braid loops" in just fine.

I don't know if it was because she was dressed like a brave ninja or what, but the next thing I knew, she was wandering around the neighborhood carrying the neighbor's pet snake around.  I sure love Andlie.  She's smart, independent, tender, kind, soft, brave, fierce, happy, beautiful, and practically perfect in every way.  She's delicate & dainty, but she is also powerful and strong.  And I love that.


She finished her 2015 Reflections project last night.  We took the required pictures today so we could turn it in on Monday.  I forgot to take a picture of the entry form, but her artwork is titled, "Peaceful Rainbow."  This year's theme is "Let Your Imagination Fly!"  Andlie's artistic statement was: If everything was black and white, it would be boring.  I am glad that there is color in the world!  I imagine in color!"

While Nora was napping & Daddy & Hazey were "having a boy party," me & Andlie went to the party store to pick up some stuff for our Halloween costumes.  Andlie found this dress & said, "Ooo la la!  Take a picture of me!"

When we came home, I suggested that Haze draw some big ol' zombies on the art paper so he did.  And then he made a matching "spooky zombie face" for the picture.  Nora kept walking up to his artwork, pointing at it, and saying, "Sombie!  How-ween sombie!  Cuuuuuute."  Our kids are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment