Morning snuggles in bed with my Hazey are one of my favorite times of the entire day. By the time he comes upstairs, Andlie & Daddy are usually gone for the day, but the house is still dark & quiet. I can always hear him coming. The crunch of his pull-ups and his heavy breaths give him away. I always catch myself smiling by the time he makes it to our bedroom doorway, but I always wait for him to come to my side of the bed. When he does, he looks at me (usually with his cute finger in his cute nose) and grins a cute little puffy-eyed, "good morning" grin. It's the best way in the world to be woken up. And then he climbs in to bed on Daddy's side and pulls the covers up over his legs and we just sit there in silence waking up together for a while. And then we visit. And then the day begins.

This morning while I was getting my makeup on, Nora & Hazey played outside. I looked out the window & saw them sitting close and visiting and just being. I am so blessed. Beyond measure. What pure, happy, innocent, perfect babies I have. I wish they'd stay little forever.

Today I picked Andlie up from school with a witch nose. All of the mom stares were totally worth it when Andlie got in the car & stared and giggled. Totally worth it. Plus I thought I was pretty darn hilarious.

I don't know how I missed posting this! I saw it on the fridge tonight & knew I needed to publish it. She wrote it in the back seat on the way home from Cedar a few weeks ago. It reads:
Mom, Andlie, Dad
I can help others and be kind and sometimes [it] can be hard when you are having fun but always go help others. Always. It will be hard sometimes and I can be a good example.
I like church. I like school.
Me, Andlie, 6
4, Haze

During story time tonight, me & Nora read "Treats." She saw the cupcake page & went for it. She was "tasting" the treats. And by tasting I mean licking the book. And not just a little one-time lick. It was like a "several times to make sure I get the taste" lick. And I did nothing but laugh & encourage her. (Look at those fat little adorable hands!) Also note: The shirt she is wearing is from a bag of hand-me-downs from a friend. I haven't gone through the bag yet, but Nora does. Every night. She pulls out what she wants to try on, brings it to me, and demands I put it on her.



No comments:
Post a Comment