Friday, September 4, 2015

September 3 - Lunch With Andlie

Yesterday Andlie came home from school pretty upset that she didn't understand a new math concept at school.  It really threw her for a loop.  She wasn't thrilled about going back to school this morning.  She cried when Daddy dropped her off.  She told him, "I don't want to stay for SIX HOURS."  I don't blame her.  It's a long time.
Anyway, I texted her teacher at about 10 and said, "If you have a second, I'd love to hear that Andlie hasn't been crying all morning."  I got a text back that said, "She has been crying all morning.  I finally got her to calm down and she is at art right now."  My heart broke.  I immediately wanted to do something.  Anything.  So after I dropped Haze off at school, me & Nora went to the school to have lunch with Andlie.  As soon as she saw us, happiness and relief washed over her whole self.  She grinned.  She had tear streaks on her glasses, but she seemed okay.  We visited & ate lunch together and then I walked her back to her class.

And then me & Nora went to the store to get some supplies to make Andlie a new 1st grade "Brave Bracelet."  She had one just like it in Kindergarten that she wore on days when she knew she was gonna be nervous (days when she had a substitute).  I knew this new bracelet would help with her anxiousness this year.  She was thrilled to see it when she got home!  And she was happy and said she had a good afternoon!

Then we went & picked up Hazey!  He brought home a cute little paper from school!  He's such a cute boy.  I'm glad he knows that he is a special boy for helping his Daddy.

While we were waiting for Andlie & Isaac to come out of school, I asked Haze if I could take his picture...



No comments:

Post a Comment