I turned 31 today! And I had such a good day! Maybe one of the best birthdays ever! Here's why...
Bryan told me "happy birthday" at 12:01 am.
The first words out of Haze's mouth when he walked in to my room were, "Happy birthday, Mom." Later in the morning, he told me, "Mom, ALL of the happy birthdays!!"
I woke up to Mandy, Daisey, and Liam still at our house! It was so fun to have my sister (and her cute kids) here with me on my birthday. Sisters are the best.
I opened my first presents this morning. Daisey got me some neon pink rope (question marks....) and some Butterfinger candy bars!
Then I opened Haze's present. He was SO EXCITED. He got me some cars! He went shopping with Mand last night and she says that he was so set on getting me a car. He got me two! He made sure to let me know that the skull car was purple - one of my favorite colors. His face was so full of excitement when I opened them. What a sweet gift from my sweet boy.

Next I opened some more gifts from Mindy & Shennie and both sets of parents! They were filled with very thoughtful gifts and cards and lots of money!
We spent the rest of the morning playing with Daisey & Liam.

We even made a stop to the pet store to see the "am-ohs" (animals) at Nora's request.

Then Mandy treated me to a birthday lunch at one of my faves - Olive Garden!

After Andlie got home from school, I opened her gift. She also went birthday shopping with Mand and I was told that she marched right to the aisle she wanted and picked up the boondoggle (AKA craft lace) and some neon yellow rope. She knew right what she wanted and was SO EXCITED to have me open it. I'm not sure about the rope, but I have told her that I used to boondoggle when I was her age. I'm excited to make her a boondoggle key chain for her backpack!
Side note: Andlie spent the majority of the day yesterday making sure that I knew that the giant neon yellow card, the presents she was wrapping, and the cake she was making were "for her friend, Emily." She was so cute about it and the little smirks on her face & silent giggles made my whole birthday. She's the cutest. She's one of my best friends.
This morning when she woke up, the first words out of her mouth were, "That cake is actually for YOU!!!"

"I love you, Mom. I'll let you have a fun birthday." Then she drew a picture of me, her, Haze, and Nora. Best card.

Bryan surprised me and came home at 4:30 with birthday flowers!

After we played with cousins and visited for a while, it was time to open presents!

I. got. so. spoiled. Bryan got me: Nikes, earrings, a watch, some craft paper, and....wait for it....a gift certificate for a hot stone massage! I am so excited!! He always spoils me. I love all of my presents.
After a quick trip to the store, we came home and the kids & Mand ate dinner and then we busted out my cake! And let me tell ya, it was a REAL MASTERPIECE. Thanks goes to Andlie, Haze, and Daisey for making such a beautiful piece of work. It's probably my favorite birthday cake ever. I love it.

Special props to Andlie for keeping it such a secret that this was my birthday cake! She was so cute to help make my birthday so special.
My favorite thing about my birthday was spending it with these people. What a blessed woman I am.

After filling up on sugar, we got the kids ready for bed. (Best idea, right?)

And we finished the night with a date at PF Chang's while Mandy stayed home with the kids. We got a picture with the horse in front of PF Chang's to prove where we went. And We made horse faces too. Because we're awesome.
During dinner, we talked about how today is also the 10 year anniversary of our very first date! We've changed a little bit, but we are still a lot the same. We still like to touch whenever we're close. We still make each other laugh. We love like crazy. BUT some things are different. We know how to serve better. We know how to fight better. We are more in love now than we were then. Bryan is such a blessing to me in my life. I'm SO THANKFUL I said yes to that first date. Best decision I ever made.
I had such a happy birthday! Several friends dropped little treats or cards by and I got so many text messages & Facebook messages. I have felt the love today and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family and beautiful friends in my life! Happy birthday to me!

No comments:
Post a Comment