Sunday, June 14, 2015

June 13 - Pretend Birthday

Today was Haze's "pretend birthday" as he put it.  It's not his real birthday, but it was his birthday party!

First, we got things ready for the party!

Nora watched.


Haze's New Swimsuit

Then it was party time!  We played on the Slip 'n Slide and in the pool, we ate snacks (Fishie crackers & pretzels and popsicles), we opened presents, we sang, and we ate chocolate ice cream & chocolate chip cookies!  (Haze doesn't like cake.)  Haze had so much fun!  He loved having friends over and showing them his turf!



"More fishies!!"

Clockwise from Haze: Kate S., Andlie, Sophie V., Camilla L., Isaac M., Andrew C., Roman M., Sam P.  Missing: Benson S.


After everyone left, we finished our ice cream and played with his new presents!



He had a great birthday party!  (His very first one with friends!)

He's not one for big crowds or being told he's wrong (Daddy told him he was eating snacks from someone else's cup).  I think we finally got to the bottom of his crying when I said, "Haze, you're almost FOUR!!"  And he started crying.  I asked what was wrong & he told me (through tears), "I don't want to go to school!!"  We've been talking about how he gets to go to preschool when he turns four.  Now it's actually here! 

Also to be noted: We totally lost a kid at Haze's party.  Andrew was there one minute and gone the next.  I texted his Mom & she said that he'd probably gone home.  He's so used to going back & forth between his yard & ours that he just left.  I was definitely embarrassed, but his Mom was totally understanding and more mad at him for leaving than anything else.  Phew.

Tonight Nora found some toy tops.  She immediately assumed they were binks and put one right in her mouth & left it there for the next however long until we took it out.

What better way to end a fun Saturday than with a parade and some firework watching!  (It's the Orem Summer Fest this weekend.)  Nora loved waving at everything/person that would wave at her in the parade.  Andlie & Haze had fun grabbing as much candy as they could.


No comments:

Post a Comment