Nora and Haze had well-check doctor appointments today!
They both got weighed & measured at the same time. And then Haze got to do an eye test! He totally loved it - thought it was a game. He smiled the entire time while his fat little hands held the spoon over one eye. He asked to do it again when the appointment was over.
Next we came back in the room and Haze got his finger pricked and blood sucked out. He was amazed by this and didn't even flinch. He thought it was pretty cool to see his blood get sucked up.
And then he had to pee in a cup. (It was his "Kindergarten appointment" without the shots.) That's when the system kind of broke down. We all went to the bathroom. Haze got on the toilet after much crying & coaxing. Nora wandered around in the bathroom barefoot and naked. Haze cried which triggered Nora to cry. Meanwhile, I was giving Haze space while at the same time trying to catch his pee at any given moment if he started going and making sure Nora didn't sit down or do anything crazy in the bathroom. THREE TIMES we did this. And he finally got some pee on the THIRD TRY.
The doctor told Haze he needed to eat more veggies. To which he replied, "I just want to eat regular food."
Nora started screaming the minute I laid her down for her examination. Screaming. Not a mild cry. An "I hate this and I'm gonna show it" kind of cry. Once the doctor left, she was fine.
Then she got shots. And she was pissed. P-I-double S-E-D. But she calmed right down as soon as she got an "uckie" (sucker/suckie). When I put her in the car seat, she pointed to her shots and said, "Ow," with a sad little frown. Shots are the worst.
Sooooo, it was a rough hour, but we got through it and our kids are healthy and growing and we're so thankful for the doctor! And suckers. And prizes.

And then after all of that, we went to swimming lessons! Haze and Andlie are both doing so well! I'm happy to see that Haze has gained more confidence in himself this year. And Andlie is going under water without plugging her nose and fetching rings from the bottom of the pool!

Then we came home. And I let Nora do whatever she wanted. (Not really that different from other days.) Because shots suck.

She went to the couch & made "get me up there" noises until I put her up. And then she pointed at the books & said, "Book." So I obeyed. And she sat on the couch reading her book for a while.

Bryce came over tonight! He ate dinner with us, played in the big field with us, and lit some fireworks with us! It was fun to have him over! (His beard....)

Haze & Nora watched Andlie climb trees for a while. They were amazed.

And then me & Haze built his very first bird's nest. He told me to say, "Here, birdies! Come and sit in your nest!" And he told me to "yell it really, really loud." And so I did. But those birds must have been asleep because they didn't come. But they probably will in the night. So we left it for them.





No comments:
Post a Comment