Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 10 - Grama & Grampa Tend

Poor Haze.  This is the face he made when I excitedly told him that today was the day Grama & Grampa were coming to tend him.  He cheered up pretty quickly once he realized that that meant Grama & Grampa were coming.

Andlie also cried this morning, but only because her tooth was so loose that it was jabbing in to her gums every time she bit down.  She asked me to pull it out.  So I tied some floss around it, but could immediately tell it would pop right out with some toilet paper and a small tug.  So we went & got the TP, I grabbed and yanked.  The tooth stayed in.  She asked me to try again.  So I grabbed a hold of the tooth harder, we both counted to three, and I yanked.  Out it popped!  And she immediately smiled and giggled!  The first words out of her mouth were, "I want to call Daddy."  So we did.  We've been waiting on this tooth since the last top one fell out.  She was pretty happy about it.  I kept making her say words that ended in 'S' or 'TH' and we would both giggle every time.



Since Andlie was doing a picture against the brick wall outside, the other two figured that we were doing pictures - again - so they took their places without any prompting.  How could I not take advantage?  (I may take too many pictures...) 


Grama & Grampa arrived around 3:30 pm!  We visited them and hung out for a while.  Then Daddy got home around 4 and Mommy & Daddy left for our over-nighter while Grama & Grampa tended the kids!

We were a bit nervous about leaving them (especially Hazey), but they had a great time playing at the park, eating Kid's Meals, and hanging out together!


Meanwhile, Bryan & I went straight to the hotel & laid straight down on the bed and visited.  Then we decided to go out for dinner.  I made Bryan take a lot of selfies.  Top right is us in front of the hotel mural and you can totally tell he's thrilled.

Then we went to Olive Garden where we had such fun dinner conversation.  And Bryan found something he actually liked at OG!  When the waitress came to give us our mints, she gave us two and then pushed the other four to the side.  When she left, Bryan said, "We would not like any dessert, but may we please have a pile of Andes Mints?"  We had so much fun just being together!

Then we went to "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" at the Scera Shell, which we both enjoyed!  (And Bryan made fun of my selfie-taking abilities and we both got some good giggles again.)  I sang along to most of the songs.  Verbatim.  Bryan had no idea.

 After the play, we went & got some Swig sugar cookies and some candy and some Diet Coke and then headed back to the hotel.  And then I can't write any more of what happened here.

We had such a fun night!  And then we got to sleep in a king-sized bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment