Thursday, April 2, 2015

April 1 - Fools

Andlie looked cute in her leotard reading her home reader, so I snapped a picture.  I can't believe how big and beautiful she is.  I'm proud to be her Mom.  I hope she knows how amazing she is.

Little Hazer scraped his toes while riding his bike today.  (He's like his Momma - any time there is an opportunity for bare feet, he takes it.)  But, by the way he was acting, you would have thought he got his toes chopped right off.  After 10 minutes of wailing and gnashing his teeth, he fell asleep. But not before I got him a cold rag for his toes and his blankie and his truck at his request.  I just hope his toes survive.

And now to the good stuff!  April Fool's Day was today!!

Mom & Dad's Jokes For Kids
Turned all the furniture in our living room backwards.
Crepe papered our front door shut.

Andlie's Jokes
"Mom!  There's a robber in our house!"
"Look!  There's a snowflake over there!"
Gave me a "drink" which was an empty cup with a straw in it.
Gave Haze her jacket & said, "Here's your jacket, Haze!"
"Santa is behind you!  For reals!"
Came up behind me while I was eating lunch and put an Easter basket on my face/head.
"Mom, there's a bee on your flowers [on the table]!"
Got her hands wet & flicked the water in my face.  And then in Haze's face.  And one more time in Daddy's face.
Called Mom "Dad" and Dad "Mom."
"Oh no!  There's a ghost in our house!  Ooooooooo!"
Hid on the (backwards) couch and threw Easter grass off randomly.
Filled my Easter basket with random toys & told me to go look at it.
"Wuff!  Wuff wuff!  Mom, we got a dog!" 
She thought it was hilarious when her teacher called the kids by the wrong names at school today!

All of Andlie's jokes ended with crunched-nose giggling and a happy, loud, "April Fool's!"

Haze's Jokes
[With an empty cereal box on his arm.] "Look!  I got a new arm!"
[While walking with only his heels.] "Mom, I'm walking crazy!"
[After he handed me a marker.] "Here's your pen, Mom!"
[While he was passing behind my chair at lunch.] "Mom, I'm going behind your chair!"
"Mom, you're in the fridge!"
Walked up to me and put a kite on my head.
Put a pillow on Andlie's face/head so she couldn't read her book and then ran away giggling.
"Look!  There's another Dad over there!"
"Oh no!  My finger bee-peered (disappeared)!"

Haze's jokes ended with his hearty laughter and a boisterous, "Happy April Joke Day!"

Mommy's Jokes
Woke up at 4 am to put poppers under the toilet seat.  Daddy sat on them at 7:45 and screamed.  Mommy had a really good laugh.
Put poppers under the toilet seat for Andlie.  She glared and then burst in to giggles.
Put poppers under the toilet seat for Haze.  He wasn't a fan.  He cried & told me it "hurt his fingers."
Set 2 alarms on Bryan's phone.  Loud ones.  As loud as they would go.  One at 10:30 am & one at 3:30 pm.
Drove to Bryan's work & moved his car.

Daddy's Jokes
Used an elastic to tie the sink sprayer to the "on" position so when I turned the water on, I got soaked.
Used my own prank against me and put poppers under the toilet seat for me.






What a fun day at the Allen house!!  Happy April Joke Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment